Join us in Marie’s home state of Rhode Island for the Seventh Annual Reader Weekend on June 19-20, 2020!
This event was created in response to the readers who’ve expressed an interest in visiting the places Marie writes about in her books. Spend the weekend with Marie, hear all about what’s next for all your favorite characters and series, get your books signed in person and get to know Marie!
You may register for up to THREE events for Reader Weekend. Registrations will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis and space is limited so please register as soon as you can to ensure your spot. Available events include:
- $50 for the Welcome Dinner on Friday evening with live music, food and drinks.
- $50 for the Day on Block Island including the ferry to Block Island (weather dependent) on Saturday. If we are unable to go to Block Island, we will spend the day in Newport. Price includes round trip bus and ferry tickets and 4 hours on Block Island to shop, have lunch and explore the island that inspires Marie’s Gansett Island Series. You must choose EITHER Block Island or Newport.
- $50 for the Day in Newport, RI on Saturday.
Price includes round trip bus transportation to Newport, an audio tour of The Breakers and additional time to explore Newport, shop, have lunch, find your perfect boat tour of Narragansett Bay, visit the International Tennis Hall of Fame and so much more! You must chose EITHER Block Island or Newport.
- $50 for the Dinner, Q&A with Marie and Book Signing on Saturday night including food, drinks and the chance to purchase books and Marie Force merchandise.
The Crowne Plaza in Warwick, RI, will serve as our headquarters hotel. The Crowne offers a free shuttle from TF Greene Airport in Providence and a discounted room rate of $150/night. This rate is available for a king or two doubles and room type requests are based on availability.
New for 2020: Only registered attendees who have signed up and paid will be able to reserve rooms in the Reader Weekend room block at the Crowne Plaza. After you register and pay, you will receive hotel reservation information included in the registration confirmation email. For those that have already registered, you will be emailed hotel reservation details as soon as they become available in early August. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Click here for more information about registration.
During the course of the weekend, and if the weather cooperates, you’ll get to see Block Island, which is the inspiration for Marie’s Gansett Island Series, or you can visit Marie’s hometown of Newport, featured in the Treading Water Series and several of Marie’s standalone titles. We will offer suggestions of things to do and see while you are either location. Keep in mind that if weather prohibits us from taking the ferry to Block Island, the Block Island group will also go to Newport for the day.
We’ve created this weekend with readers in mind to show you the beauty of Marie’s home state and bring you a little closer to the setting of so many of her books. We hope you’ll enjoy a taste of Rhode Island and get to know more about Marie’s muse!
If you’ve ever wanted to see where the McCarthy Marina, Tiki Bar or Joe’s ferry are located, here’s your chance! If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule of Events
Times are approximate. A final schedule will be available in early 2020 once the ferry schedule is finalized.
FRIDAY, JUNE 19
3:30-6 p.m. Registration
6:30-10 p.m. Welcome Dinner on Friday evening with live music, food and drinks
SATURDAY, JUNE 20
You may select only ONE of the day-trip options. Day-trips will return to the hotel in time for the evening event that begins at 6:30 p.m.
Day-Trip to Block Island
If weather causes the ferry to be cancelled we will go to Newport for the day.
- 7:15 a.m. Bus departs from the Crowne Plaza to ferry landing
- 9 a.m. Ferry departs for Block Island
- 10:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Time to explore, shop and have lunch on Block Island
- 3 p.m. Ferry back to the mainland
- 4 p.m. Bus back to the Crowne Plaza
- 5 p.m. Arrive at the hotel
Day-Trip to Newport
- 8 a.m. Bus departs Crowne Plaza
- 8:30 a.m. Arrive in Newport. You can shop, explore, find a boat tour of Narragansett Bay, tour Gilded Age mansions, have lunch and more!
- 3 p.m. Bus departs Newport
- 4 p.m. Arrive at hotel
6:30 p.m. Dinner, Q&A with Marie and Book Signing including food, drinks and the chance to purchase books and merchandise
As a participant in the Reader Weekend, you agree to and understand the following:
You knowingly and freely assume all risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of others, and assume full responsibility for your participation and hereby release and hold harmless Marie Force, HTJB, Inc. and their officers, officials, agents and/or employees (the “Organizers”) from any and all liabilities arising from the Reader Weekend.
The Organizers reserve the right to cancel the Reader Weekend and/or any of its components or events for any reason at any time.
If, due to inclement weather, mechanical difficulties, or other problems beyond the Organizers’ control, the ferry service to Block Island is not operational or feasible on the scheduled day, the Organizers will not be responsible for refund of any portion of the registration fees or any related costs because of upfront expenses that will not be refunded to the Organizers. The Organizers will not be responsible for any personal costs or expenses incurred in relation to the Weekend including airline tickets, hotels, or other related expenses associated with the Weekend.