Marie is offering more workshops in 2017 and early 2018, including a new one! Click below for more information and to register.
Self-Pub 101, Nov. 13-18, 2017: Once you embark on a career as an independent author, you are no longer just a writer. You are now officially a publisher and business-owner! With that comes all the responsibilities of a publishing company, including editing, formatting, cover art design, distribution decisions, pricing and promotion. New York Times bestselling author Marie Force will review the ultimate to-do list for your self-publishing business. Format: Facebook Group. Level: Beginner. Registration fee: $49
Writing Multiple Series, Dec. 4-9, 2017: A series can be a great way to launch a career and hook readers on your writing. Keeping readers coming back for more while managing multiple titles, series and genres can be somewhat overwhelming without a clear strategy in mind. As the author of five New York Times bestselling series currently at various stages, Marie Force offers some secrets to keeping multiple balls in the air at the same time. This topic will be useful for authors who have several titles to manage and are looking to grow their following. Marie will share some of the tricks of what works for her and how she’s “trained” herself to write two—and sometimes THREE—books at the same time. A series can be a great way to launch a career and hook readers on your writing. Marie likes to say that a successful series is the gift that keeps on giving for an author! Format: Facebook Group. Level: Beginner to Advanced. Registration fee: $49
NEW Marketing & Publicity for Authors, Jan. 15-20, 2018: You’ve written the books, now what? New York Times bestselling author Marie Force will discuss some of the basics of marketing your books to expose them to readers. This workshop will include an introductory look at Facebook ads, Amazon Marketing ads and BookBub ads as well as other promotion and marketing strategies used by authors to grow their readership. Topics include:
- What’s the difference between publicity and marketing?
- Affiliate links
- Newsletters/growing lists
- Advertising basics
- Blogs and blog tours
- Reviews, ARCs, safe sending
- Free books
- Launch strategy
Format: Facebook Group. Level: Intermediate to Advanced. Registration fee: $49
Bring Marie to speak to your group! Some of her in-person workshops include:
- Writing Series
- Self-Pub 101
- Marketing & Publicity 101
- Ask Me Anything
Subscribe to Marie’s Author Services Newsletter
Welcome to the Author Services offered by New York Times bestselling author Marie Force and her team. Within these pages, you will find everything you need to get your indie career off to a great start, including workshops, formatting, consultation and even publishing opportunities through Jack’s House Publishing, founded by Marie in 2016. Let us help you make your entrance into indie publishing as smooth and painless as possible!
Marie on taking the plunge: “If not now, when?”
Upcoming Events for Authors
Events scheduled in 2017:
- Dec. 2: Keynote speaker, panel moderator and book signing at RI Authors Expo. Click here for more information.
Events scheduled in 2018:
- Jan. 7-13: Writing Multiple Series Virtual Workshop for RWA Heart of Carolina Chapter.
- Feb. 3: In-person Visit to Valley Forge RWA Chapter in Philadelphia, PA.
- Feb. 19-23: Writing Multiple Series Virtual Workshop for Saguaro Romance Writers RWA Chapter.
- April 1-4: Marketing & Publicity Virtual Workshop for Beau Monde RWA Chapter.
- April 21: Skype session with Iowa RWA Chapter.
- April 28: In-person visit to Valley of the Sun RWA Chapter in Glendale, AZ.
- May 8: Kickin’ it in Key West Author Event in Key West, FL. EVENT CANCELED—the event has been canceled due to Irma and rescheduled for 2020. More info coming closer to the 2020 event.
- May 19: Online presentation to Space Coast RWA Chapter.
- July 18-21: RWA Conference in Denver, CO.
- Sept 15: Ask Me Anything virtual chat with Romantic Women’s Fiction RWA Chapter.
- Nov. 10: In-Person visit to San Francisco RWA Chapter.
Events scheduled in 2019:
- Feb. 9: In-person visit to West Houston RWA Chapter.
"Marie is so down-to-earth and reachable you'll almost forget she's this immensely successful author until... she shares with you her knowledge, insight, and experience. There are no gimmicks or quick fix in her suggestions. She helped me look at my writing career not just as the endless sum of short-term goals but as a long-haul flight.” —Marion Croslydon, Contemporary Romance Author
"This has been an amazing workshop. I am so grateful that you take time to share your experience with other authors. Ever since I decided to go the self-publishing route I have been trying to learn as much as I can about the process to build my business plan. I have been building my resources and you are the gold standard of resources for me. Thank you so much for this workshop and all your efforts to help other authors.” —Author Elizabeth Spaur on the Writing Multiple Series Workshop
Marie on being an author: “Back before anything good ever happened in my career, the only thing I knew for sure was that if I gave up, it would never happen. So I never gave up.”