Welcome to the Author Services offered by New York Times bestselling author Marie Force and her team. Within these pages, you will find everything you need to get your indie career off to a great start, including workshops, formatting, consultation and even publishing opportunities through Jack’s House Publishing, founded by Marie in 2016. Let us help you make your entrance into indie publishing as smooth and painless as possible!
Marie on taking the plunge: “If not now, when?”
Looking for on demand learning? Check out these workshops where content has been loaded and you can read through the posts at your own pace, post questions and interact with Marie and other course participants. Click links below for more information and to register.
Bring Marie to speak to your group! Some of her in-person workshops include:
Check out Marie on The Writers Block podcast where she discusses her author journey.
Upcoming Events for Authors
Events scheduled in 2018:
- Nov. 10: In-Person visit to San Francisco RWA Chapter.
Events scheduled in 2019:
- Jan. 7-13: Self-Pub 101 Virtual Workshop for the RWA Heart of Carolina Chapter. (author event)
- Feb. 4-11: Marketing & Publicity 101 Virtual Workshop for the RWA Heart of Carolina Chapter. (author event)
- Feb. 9: In-person visit to West Houston RWA Chapter. (author event)
- April 20: In-person visit to the Las Vegas RWA Chapter. (author event)
- May 24-25: Festival du Roman Féminin in Paris, France (reader event)
- June 1-2: LoveLetter Convention in Berlin, German (reader event)
- June 14-15: Save the date for the Sixth Annual Reader Weekend in RI! (reader event)
- Sept. 7: Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers Convention in Denver, CO (author event)
- Sept. 21: RARE London in London, England (reader event)
- Sept. 28: RARE Roma in Rome, Italy (reader event)
Events scheduled in 2020:
- Save the date for the Kickin’ it in Key West Author Event in Key West, FL. More details coming closer to the event.
"Marie is so down-to-earth and reachable you'll almost forget she's this immensely successful author until... she shares with you her knowledge, insight, and experience. There are no gimmicks or quick fix in her suggestions. She helped me look at my writing career not just as the endless sum of short-term goals but as a long-haul flight.” —Marion Croslydon, Contemporary Romance Author, on the Writing Multiple Series Workshop
“Marie Force this has been an amazing workshop and I’ve begun to implement your thought provoking ideas I know I’ll refer back to this thread often. Thank you for sharing your wisdom as it would have taken years for me to learn what I’ve gleaned from the past week.” —Author Lucinda Race on the Marketing & Publicity Workshop
"Thank you Marie for your willingness to help other authors, such as myself, succeed. I appreciate everything and will be taking more of your classes in the future.” —Author Sarah Alabaster
"This has been an amazing workshop. I am so grateful that you take time to share your experience with other authors. Ever since I decided to go the self-publishing route I have been trying to learn as much as I can about the process to build my business plan. I have been building my resources and you are the gold standard of resources for me. Thank you so much for this workshop and all your efforts to help other authors.” —Author Elizabeth Spaur on the Write Your Way to Readers Who Stick
“Marie Force’s Marketing & Publicity workshop is wicked smart, full of instantly usable information, a carefully thought out road map to success. Highly recommended.” —Lisa Marie Rice
Marie on being an author: “Back before anything good ever happened in my career, the only thing I knew for sure was that if I gave up, it would never happen. So I never gave up.”